Christianity....only for the nutty

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Alright, for full disclosure reasons, let me just say right out that I'm a Christian. Now why would I rant about a faith I hold so close to me? I'm tired of misconception, tired of people only looking at the radical and stereotypical Christians, and making their judgments based on what they see there. Well, what if the stereotypical Christian is all I ever see, Andy? I say... yeah...so what? You know how you should judge a religion/faith? It's core beliefs....it's bare and basic. So you want to know about Christianity? Pick up a Bible and read the book of Luke, then maybe Acts. What better way is there to understand something than to go to the source? Don't judge it by that kid from your high school, or the kid in room 311 on you hall that keeps bugging you about your sins; just take the chance and check it out. I mean I've questioned my faith from time to time; wondered if I was in the right "camp." How can you "pick" a religion? With Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, Scientology, Islamic ,Catholic, Methodist, Lutheran, etc. (yes those devisions of Christianity are different: check out 1 Corinthians 1:10-17) Well check out their basic beliefs and I think you'll know. Now, I know some of you out there are saying 'screw all that, I don't need any of that religious poison.' Well I admire you, to believe that the universe was so perfectly created and that our human bodies were so wonderfully put together by, basically, a happy accident, with no designer behind it. You, that atheist, may just have more faith than I do. What makes more sense: a very large amount of energy and mass "made" itself (also remember that according to science, energy can not be created or destroyed). And then this some how created mass exploded into our universe and eventually made us in our world made to perfectly support us. All this was created on its own, with no designer. Or God created the Big Bang, and created man, woman and creature. That latter makes much more sense to me. So let me round up for you some basics: screw divisions, if you're a Christian, you're a Christian, stop dividing us. No 'being Catholic is not being Christian' theres WAY too many differences. Oh and most important Jesus was Lord and Savior and we're just piles of crap, but with him we can go up and hop on God's lap and be like. "Hey, whats up, God?"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This rant was about judging people on what they encounter... tell that to those religious fanatics that ran into the WTC on 9/11. That will forever leave a mark. I'm not saying that religion is bad, I think blind belief is a bad idea. Science makes more sense to me than that of a "thing" creating us. Yes, it's a small chance in hell that we were randomly created, etc, but anomalies happen. I believe the Big Bang did happen, nothing behind it.

What makes me an Atheist is not the lack of belief in a God or Goddess, rather the believability that gases, rock, and whatnot exploded. Perhaps there is a God behind the big bang, but I accept the fact that I don't know how we got here ultimately, it's just that we're here, and there's more proof to the Big Bang than some omnipresent being that doesn't take care of the poor, the dieing, God's plan or not.

To continue my mini rant, I'm not saying religion is bad. It imbues the common society with values, but like all things in life, you must take it with a little grain of salt, or else we become like those that ran those plans into the WTC.

I ran out of steam... nothing against any religion, any person, etc. Just my thoughts.

Unknown said...

BTW, where's my link? :P Or your entire blogroll/meebo chat...